Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Barefoot Landing






We are staying in Barefoot Resort which is about two minutes from the beach, about one minute away is Barefoot Landing which is located along the Intercoastal Waterway. It is a series of boardwalks and great shops that are situated on a 27 acre lake.There are Ducks, Swans (the picture is one of the Swans, the mate was hiding today), Turtles, giant Carp and lots of other wildlife that live around Barefoot Landing. Jan (my mother-in-law), my son Joey and I walked around and browsed in the shops and had some Maggie Moo Peanut Butter ice cream-YUM!!! We also stopped in Black Market Minerals, they have a few walls covered with strands of semi-precious stones (my favorite), every color, shape and size, wonderful stuff. You know I'll be going back there before the week is out. Well, I'm off to have a frozen Mojito and start reading Nevada Barr's 15th book "Winter Study", I've read all of her books and loved every one of them. Have a good evening friends!




No comments: