Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away



The bad news is that my vegetable garden is drowning. I've lost one tomato plant and 3 of the pea plants. Everything else still looks ok, although the eggplants are in a few inches of water. All I can do is hope. The good news is that the herbs I have in pots on my deck are very happy-so am I, I just had some whole wheat pasta with fresh parsley, thyme and garlic chives--YUM!!!
I'm working with the Phillipsburg Downtown Association to put on the Crafts In The Park this Saturday, now a decision has to be made about cancelling the show due to the weather, there is a rain date for next Saturday. If it is decided to cancel we have to get in touch with all of the crafter's, the food vendors and the band. What a mess! So I'll be praying to the rain gods all night to move to another part of the country. We'll see!

No comments: