Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tussie Mussie's

These are the lapel pins I'm making from the vintage knife handles, they look wonderful on a blazer or a denim jacket or a tux for a wedding. Put a fresh flower in when they are in bloom or a piece of holly during the winter months. I love recycling or I should say upcycling old vintage silverware into wearable art. Back in the day these were called Tussie Mussie's. The gentleman with the pin on his tux was dressed for Victorian Days in Belvidere. It is held every September and the entire town comes out in full Victorian dress. Plus they hold an Antique Car Show and Victorian House Tours. It's quite the celebration!

1 comment:

Djadai said...

I needed some really cool looking design for my website. Lapel pins were just the thing I was looking for. I got mine from here http://getlapelpins.com/